Monday 24 July 2017

WIP'S Update

It has been a busy week even with a three day weekend. I work full time and that has kept me extra busy this week. Here in Cairns we only have two shops that sell fabric other than Spotlight & Lincraft  (major department craft stores) and I found out that the main fabric shop is closing down. After I had a minor panic attach about where I was going to buy fabric and my heart settled down I came to the conclusion that I will have to start investigating the internet to purchase fabric. I like to look at my fabric, touch it, place it against other fabric to gauge if it goes well. Using the internet makes this very hard to do. Also the other shop that is left doesn't really have a large range of fabric either so I have that limited option. Anyway I went in and bought some fabric for future projects that were in my head and now are starting to get to the realistic phase of having material. Even though I don't plan on starting Esther Ailu's Love Entwined applique quilt for a long time I have purchased the background for it :).

I tend to only buy fabric for particular projects and I'm not really someone who buys fabric just because they can and you never know one day sort of thing. I do have some (very small amount) of material that I have done that with - mainly because I fell in love with it. I also tend to have a long list of projects that I want to do and plan to do and thinking about colours / patterns / quilting  etc long before I even get started. I can here you say "how do you handle all that in your head at once" - with great difficulty which explains why I don't sleep very well.

Well I have been busy sewing down the flowers on my Garden Window Quilt and bought the backing so I can sandwich it at some stage this week. I hope to start quilting it next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I have finally started the next phase of the Diamond Hill by cutting out my corner border pieces so I can start to applique them. I have the pieces cut out of the freezer paper just need to iron onto the fabric and cut them out and turn their edges so I can start placing them on the corner border. I hope to have this started by the end of the week.

I nearly wasn't going to write my blog this week as I thought I haven't done much but WOW I did seem to have something to say after all.😊 I hope everyone has a great week until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment