Tuesday 21 November 2017

Mariner's Compass Finished

Yayyy I finally got the border to work out and finished the top of my Mariner's compass this week. I just have to sandwich it now which will be a weekend endeavor as it is sooooo big, it is 96" x 96". Then I can start quilting it, though have to work out what I want to quilt on it, I have some ideas but I am sure more will come once I start.

I placed the top onto my bed to gauge size and it is long enough all round for both me and my mother. This quilt is my Mum's and Dad's Christmas present.




A better view of the last border 




I then made some pillow cases to go with the quilt - well actually the top of the pillow case, I need to wait until I have sandwiched the quilt to use the backing to make the back of the pillow case.




While doing all this during the week I also traced out the next border for my Diamond Hill onto Polyfuse and started cutting them out and have stuck first corner to green for the leaves. As you can see I have used different flowers this time in the border to the previous border so I am hoping my ideas will pan out to make the quilt bigger, only time will tell.


Well that is it for this week, keep quilting everyone.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift this will be for your parents!!

    ReplyDelete