Tuesday 5 September 2017

Garden Window Completed

Wow another week has come and gone so quickly. Well I have been very busy this past week between work, sewing, and family drama I feel I have accomplished a lot this week. No wonder I feel very tired and it's only Tuesday.

Where to start - I finally completed the Garden Window quilt, it is all FMQ and binding all sewn down. It was a great feeling to finish. So here is the picture I promised last week as it has been washed and finally the wind had died down long enough for me to get a photo (very early in the morning mind you).



I then moved onto a quilt for my old neighbours that became good friends for their wedding in December 2017. I started this last week and have completed the top and pillow cases this week. Now all I have to do is sandwich it and FMQ it. I have always wondered why people loved the HST for quilts, I now know. If you need a really quick quilt do HST, I can't believe this quilt went together so quickly and I even embroidered some of the squares on my embroidery machine.

So without further ado here are some photo's to enjoy.

The Pillow Cases:



The quilt top



The three middle squares have been machine embroidered




As you can see I have been rather busy but then my daughter has been working a lot last week which helped as I sew while I wait for her to finish at night, it helps keep me awake.

So till next time, go ahead and sew :).







4 comments:

  1. How I love your window quilt such simplicity but it sure has has the WOW XFactor for me, its stunning. What a lovely gift you ahve made for your friends they must be very special to you. Isn't it wonderful that the rain has finally stopped. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda, I hope my mother in law likes and I am sure she will. Yes it is nice that the rain has stopped but I wish the temperature would make it's mind up whether it will stay cool or starting to warm up. The up and down at the moment is playing havoc with my sleep. lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Annette,
    Your window quilt is just beautiful. I would love to see that outside my window. The wedding quilt is lovely, too. The newlyweds will just love it, I'm sure. How could they not?! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roseanne, I have given the newlyweds a sneak peak and they can't wait to see it.

      Delete