Wednesday 14 June 2017

Easter Blessings

Hi Everyone, This is my first post ever on my new Blog, I hope I don't bore people to death. This blog is about my journey as a relatively newish quilter. I have been quilting for approx 2 years now and have learnt some things and still need to learn. 

Today's Blog is about an applique pattern I did a couple of months ago from Esther Aliu called: Easter Blessings, it is an appliqued wall hanging. Though when I saw it I knew my DD would love it as it had a bunny on it. I instantly thought a fluffy bunny would look great, however the end result didn't quite turn out how I wanted but still very happy with this. I also didn't want a wall hanging so thought a pillow case that way you get to cuddle into the fluffy bunny.




The Fluffy Bunny
 This was my second attempt at applique which I am very proud of and think it turned out quite nicely. Though the thin stems were difficult to deal with as I did raw edge applique for the first time on this project but I finally got them sorted. I also added some embellishment on some of the flowers with hand embroidery and beads.




Needless to say my DD loves the pillowcase and has it on her bed all the time. It is surprising me the sturdiness of the applique as it has been washed many times.

3 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this on Esther's BOM group it is so so lovely CHeers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous -- it's only your second try at applique?! Beautiful workmanship, and you have a real knack for choosing fabrics that bring the piece to life.

    ReplyDelete